Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Beauty and Non-Beauty Favorites | February 2015


February has flown by in a whooosh, and I am so excited for March as it's my birthday month! Oddly enough, I have no new makeup favorites this month, but nevertheless, I have so much to share with you guys.

SKINCARE | Origins Checks and Balances Face Wash
I received a deluxe sample when I made a purchase a while back, and I am so happy this was one of the samples I chose. It is a frothy face wash that is not abrasive or drying to the skin. It does an incredible job at cleansing the oils off my face in the morning and leaves my face feeling fresh. I love the slight hint of peppermint as well as it wakes me up in the morning.

BODY SPRAY | Bath & Body Works White Citrus
I think this is the epitome of fresh. White Citrus is a beautiful light scent that features a unique blend of crisp lemon, invigorating grapefruit and lush waterlily, layered with ginger flower

BODYCARE | Bath & Body Works Violet Lily Sky Shower Gel
This is my absolute favorite scent right now, and since I suck at describing scents, Bath & Body Works describes it as a heavenly blend of fresh violet blooms, sparkling bergamot & lily petals. completely agree with the heavenly part. I no longer see it on the website, but if it comes back, make sure to take a sniff if you're ever in B&BW.

PAMPER TREAT | Bath & Body Works Stress Relief Body Wash and Foam Bath in Eucalyptus Tea
Okay, by now you must think they sponsor me or something, but sadly, they don't (Please sponsor me B&BW. I love youuuu.) I've been trying to take weekly Sunday night bubble baths (relishing in having the ability to take a bath before college starts in the fall), and this has been the perfect accompaniment. Tons of bubbles and a lovely scent. Some of their aromatherapy products can be a bit strong for me, but this one features tea to give it a perfect balance.

HEALTH | Contigo Water Bottle 
My mom constantly reminds me to drink more water, but I find it so difficult! This pretty blue bottle was actually a birthday gift for mom, but we traded bottles, so now I get to drink from this beauty. I love being able to open it with a press of a button, and it's leak-proof if twisted tight as I keep it in my bag. I can honestly say that I've been drinking more water because of it!

SONG | "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon
I have heard this song before this month, but it was the first time I started listening to it on repeat. It's such a fun song to dance (aka awkwardly wiggle) around to when I'm doing my homework.

SINGER | Sam Smith 
Sam is my absolute favorite (okay, well Taylor Swift too) every month, but I was in need of some good Sam Smith therapy as I had a high (almost buying tickets to his summer concert), and then an ultimate low (not being able to buy the tickets because things didn't work out for one reason or another) this month.

TV SHOW | The Bachelor
I've been getting such a big kick out of almost every episode this season. These girls are so incredibly dramatic that it makes a ridiculously fun Monday night watch. My Literature teacher watches it too, so I love talking about the craziness with her the next day.

BLOG | The Sunday Chapter 
I often feel the pressure of choosing my "favorite blog" of the month, so my very "clever" way of seeing which blog was really my favorite was by looking at whose blogs I have the most saved posts from. It was no question Angela's blog, The Sunday Chapter (can we please talk about how cute her blog name is), was number one as I constantly remembered myself clicking save throughout the month. She loves lists (and so do I), so I was incredibly amazed by her posts on 150 Blog Post Ideas for When You've Hit Writer's Block. Not to mention, her photography is stunning. Photo goals right there.

PHOTOGRAPHY | Shooting in RAW
I just discovered this a few days ago, and I gave it a go for the first time yesterday. I have never seen such a huge difference in my pictures! Switching from shooting in JPEG to shooting in RAW is my newest photography "find" (I know, I'm so late to the game.) The picture I took for this post was the first that I have used with shooting in RAW. Tell me if you see a difference in this picture versus my previous ones!

Tell me what you have been loving in February! 


-Emily
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I have that song on my iPod. It's pretty cool, though I haven't been listening it too much lately since I'm so into T-Swift at the moment :P

    Hm.. Shooting in raw has never come to my mind before. Perhaps I'll try it out. Your picture does look really good; it's quite crisp, though I'm not sure how much more? Maybe @Vanessa can give her opinion on shooting in raw?

    Ling | The Cosmetic Critic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo looks great!! Although I don't know much about photography, so to me, it just looks a bit clearer. LOL. Also, Angela's blog is amazing! Agreed about her photography *_* And WHITE CITRUS? That sounds too good not to eat!!! (Probs will die from eating body spray tho) and YAY BDAY MONTH. Ayee we're so close in age! IF ONLY I LIVED THERE AND I WOULD SHOWER WITH YOU WITH GIFTS.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love White Citrus as well! I love spraying it around my room too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah I love your comment about RAW pictures. It's definitely better but it takes so long to post-process sometimes, it's a nightmare, especially in large quantities!

    Cherie xx
    SINONYM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the "stress relief" on the photo and I was like yep whatever that is I need it.
    Also I tried to shoot in RAW once, just as a lil experiment thing, but it got really complicated because I don't have the software to edit it on my computer. So what does it actually do? (maybe share your words of wisdom through the form of a blog post? ;) )

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about the photography thing, I've had my camera for years but I've just began to really dig deeper into all the settings, lol (oh the shame). I wish we had Bath&Body works over here, I love their small hand sanitizers (my dad bought some for me on a work trip) and I'd love to try their other products!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog!! Ill def be following via Bloglovin!

    Sabrina | GYPSYTAN.CO
    IG: @gypsytan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh yes, I have to get myself a water bottle! Currently I'm using a very chunky and very heavy thermos and while it's killer at keeping my hot drinks piping hot, I don't like how it significantly weighs down my bag.

    With just my eyes and a picture I can't tell whether it's been shot in jpeg or raw, but side by side I can haha. Favorites don't always have to be all about makeup anyway, though for me that's what it seems to be :P

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  9. BBW, SPONSOR ME TOO PLS (I've got like, 10 of their candles sitting on my desk at the moment and this is becoming shameful) I love their White Citrus scents, but NGL, I've yet to try their aromatherapy line!
    I shot RAW in the beginning, but couldn't find a software that opens and edits then, so yuh. (TOO LAZY/POOR TO BUY THE LATER VERSIONS OF PHOTOSHOP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw thankyou so much for featuring my blog, that made my day :) & I only recently discovered RAW too, it really makes a difference. The quality of your photo is amazing x


    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your pics look phenomenal and I totally feel you on the Bachelor. My mom and I have been eating up this season. It's our guilty pleasure. x


    icryclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a massive fan now of the show How To Get Away With Murder (we Belgians are a little behind on the episodes but I love it so far) and I love Rihanna's collab with Kanye & Paul McCartney. I also really like the soundtrack of 50 shades, haven't seen the movie, not planning on it, but the soundtrack is wonderful! I also recently started using a night-cream by l'Oreal and my skin hasn't looked better!

    xx naomi // Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is almost three weeks late, but better late than never! You are the sweetest Sheri!! I seriously want to be meet all my blogger friends in real life, and I would shower all of you guys with gifts! Bath & Body and other American goodies for the worldddddd :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will definitely write up a post about shooting in RAW! I will look for some free editing sites as an alternative to Photoshop or Lightroom that can open RAW photos (so far I've found one!) Fingers crossed you'll be converted to RAW soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YESS I WANT TO MEET ALL YOU GUYS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD.

    ReplyDelete

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig