You will need (serves 4)
- 16 oz fettuccine or courgetti (I used spaghetti since that's what I had left.)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil or soy margarine
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 4 tbsp. vegetable stock or dry white wine
- 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk (if it's sweetened, your pasta will have a funny taste)
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh garnish (optional)
1. Prepare pasta according to package.
2. While pasta is boiling, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stock and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients except garnish and stir for about 3 minutes until everything thickens up.
4. Remove from heat and toss in pasta.
Have you found any healthy alternatives to classic dishes?