Saturday, June 27, 2015

Recipe | Light Fettuccine Alfredo (Dairy-Free)


My inner foodie spoke to me this afternoon when I was thinking of what I should eat for lunch. Last night, we ate spaghetti so we had a bunch of leftover pasta. I was looking for a recipe that uses almond milk, and lo and behold, I stumbled upon this fettuccine alfredo recipe from Silk. If you're ever in the mood for something creamy (and carb-y), here is a fettuccini alfredo recipe that uses no butter, no heavy cream, and no cheese. Mind-blowing right?


You will need (serves 4)
  • 16 oz fettuccine or courgetti (I used spaghetti since that's what I had left.)
  • 3 tbsp. olive oil or soy margarine 
  • 3 tbsp. flour
  • 4 tbsp. vegetable stock or dry white wine
  • 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk (if it's sweetened, your pasta will have a funny taste)
  • 1/4 cup of lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. white pepper
  • pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
  • fresh garnish (optional)


1. Prepare pasta according to package.
2. While pasta is boiling, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stock and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients except garnish and stir for about 3 minutes until everything thickens up. 
4. Remove from heat and toss in pasta. 


Have you found any healthy alternatives to classic dishes?


Emily xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig