Sunday, June 8, 2014

REVIEW | NYX SMOKEY FUME EYESHADOW PALETTE


Everyone has some type of makeup they out-rightly fail at applying. Eyeshadow happens to be mine. However, I had a journalism banquet to attend, and I wanted to glam up a bit which meant attempting at a nice eyeshadow look. I'm one for smokier eye looks, so I gravitated towards the NYX Smokey Fume eyeshadow palette consisting of six eyeshadows and one small double-sided brush. The palette consists of two shimmery and four matte shades. The pigmentation is nothing out of this world and a bit much for it's $7.50 price (Target and on the NYX website). Heads have probably turned at this point with my remark; however, considering that there are highly pigmented drugstore options at a much lower price (Wet n' Wild), I am a bit disappointed. With that said, I really like this palette because I think all six of the shades are quite versatile and wearable. Being that I don't expect to buy many eyeshadow palettes, I appreciate that I can use all six shades.




What is your favorite eyeshadow palette? Do you have any favorite products from NYX? 

-Emily

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. really want to try this! i love the best of broadway palette! xx

    http://todaytildaloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it looks likes lovely color range but I definity think wet and wild is the way to go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely shades and I'm sure you can get a lovely look with it...but for the price, there are better shadows!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're right, the pigmentation does seem like it could improve. i heard wet n' wild shadows are amazingly pigmented for such a bargain. the colors are gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use NYX palettes all the time! I've been using this brand for years now as it's cheap but pretty lasting quality. My current favorite is the "Paris" palette I picked up from Target.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love NYX products, although I've never actually tried one of their palettes before xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. the dark shades here are great for smokey eyes but i would have liked to see maybe one more mid-tone shade for blending.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a looovely palette! These are the types of shades i wear too, I always go for darker colours as I find that it defines me eye a lot more than lighter shades xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig