Tuesday, April 22, 2014

SAN DIEGO SPRING BREAK TRIP PART ONE

A few weeks ago, I was off on spring break, a much needed break if I do say so myself. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to spend time to "relax" and to not go to school. I spent most of my break at doctor appointments or doing homework; however, the two days that I did take off, I was in San Diego, California (I usually wouldn't put the state, but just in case you're not from the US, you might not be familiar with cities in the US) with my family.

We arrived in San Diego midday, and the first place I requested to go to was the mall. The malls where I live frankly are not so great, so I took advantage of the beautiful Fashion Valley Mall, a high-end outdoor shopping mall. I was happy shopping there the last time I visited San Diego, so I knew I wanted to visit there again. I picked a few things at H&M and Lush, and my mom purchased a couple items from Origins for me for the first time. I will be posting a haul in the near future, so look out for that.

After the mall, we headed to dinner by the sea at Seaport Village. We ate at the San Diego Pier Cafe, a breath-taking restaurant right on the water. Eating next to the ocean was by far my favorite part of this entire mini trip. I ordered their fish tacos served with salsa, shredded cabbage, and topped with a dollop of fresh guacamole. The fish was extremely fresh; however, the tacos were a bit bland for my taste. My mom's order came with clam chowder, and I have to say that was one of the best I have ever tasted! I even had the opportunity to see Navy Seals zoom by as we waited for dinner to be served. The ocean and fit men, quite a fine view if you ask me. After dinner, we walked around Seaport Village a bit, and I saw that they had a Ben and Jerry's. Though I was completely full from dinner, I always make room for dessert, this time a yummy strawberry cheesecake ice cream cone; sadly, it was overpriced. 


Look at that intensity in those Navy Seals' faces. If that's not determination, I don't know what is. Quite the dreamboat if you catch my drift.




Excuse the horrible picture quality, but I had to include a shot of my windy photo shoot by the water. 

a great candid shot of me eating ice cream and holding enough napkins to kill off all the trees in Yosemite 
Have you ever been to San Diego? What has been your favorite trip recently? Look forward to seeing part two of my spring break trip in San Diego, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, soon.

-Emily
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Would absolutely love to go there! It looks so pretty :)
    Hope you had a lovely Spring Break! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too cute! Genuinely looking forward to part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Rebecca, and I just posted part 2 :)

      Delete
  3. All of the pictures captured a very tourist-esque vibe - I like it!
    I also LOVE your captions hahaha every one of them made me laugh out loud, especially the last one HAHAH :)

    evonschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree; I think we took a more touristy approach when visiting San Diego, but it's nice to "pretend" you're a tourist away from home :) I am SO glad you liked my captions!!! I think I spent more time on the captions than on writing the post itself haha

      Delete

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig